4:31 AM
"Today is a glorious day for the students of Ohio States University as for the first time in history, we have a student who scored an average of 4.0 throughout his three years of degree, while scoring well academically, he also exceled in football and helped the team to qualify for the national championship. Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for Alexis Matthew."

Alexis Matthew, grew up in an orphanage since birth without knowing who his parents were nor who they were other than this little iron tag hung around his neck when George Jackson of Sunny Orphanage found him on their doorstep. Alexis is a unique child with unknown personalities, sometimes he would hide himself in the room where all the other kids screaming their hearts out in the field, sometimes he plays the grand piano where everyone in the orphanage will sit around him and be mesmerized with those unique melody of his.

His ability to learn is tremendous where he would process everything like a super computer, he never fail to ask what he doesn't understand. Nobody knows how many degree he completed but to date, he completed 7 degrees of different field of studies at the age of 26. He holds a degree in Philosophy, Fine Arts, Musical, Business Management, Financial Economics, Biochemistry, and the latest, Computer Science. He travels from university to university, seeking knowledges that he might be interested but he never attend his graduations as if he was never there.

Today, on a sunny afternoon, Alexis stood tall in the middle of the Big Apple munching on his Meat Ball Marinara Subway sandwich and sipping his favorite Old Joe Espresso. When Tanya Ann bumped into him accidentally, it marks the beginning of his new life and this story........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment I looked into her eyes when she bumped into me at the busy street of New York City, her hazel eyes immediately caught my attention as we looked into each other's eyes. At that moment, I can even hear her heartbeat and then I asked "Are you okay?" while blushing of course, I can never forget her answer as she smiled and said, "I will be fine as long as I am treated to a cup of coffee at Old Joe's". That's how it started, the world and us.

I could feel that she is the one for me without having second thoughts. To my surprise, she never ask of my background or my family, all she cared about is me, and nothing else but me. Every morning, I would wake her up by playing her favorite song, Somewhere Out There by James Ingram with the piano we have in our small apartment, she would sing along the moment she opened her eyes. That's how we start our day in this small apartment, with joy and love everywhere. And by night, I will hug her tight and watch her favorite Sitcom, Friends on the DVDs we bought over the internet. Tanya is a fantastic chef, I love the way her omelets and steak is done. And every time I put them in my mouth, she looks at me with the sweetest smile ever that melts my heart. This is when I realize I would die if she were to leave me.

Like every other morning when Tanya woke up and kisses me on my forehead, she did not know that I had planned something for her, secretly without her knowledge. It has been a week now since I planned the whole scenario. Right after Tanya went out for work, I called up all our friends and met up in our apartment. I gave everyone a stalk for Tanya's favorite blue rose and waited for her at her work place during her lunch break.

We stood outside as she came out of the lift, one by one, our friends walked up to her and pass her their roses, till the very last stalk. I walked up to her and hand her the final rose and proposed to her on both knees.

"Tanya, it has been a while since the day we bumped into each other and now we are here standing and smiling at each other with memories flying through my mind as if it was yesterday. I love the way u kiss me on my forehead when you woke up, love the way you hugged me tight while watching our favorite sitcoms, love the times we held hands as we stroll through the parks and look at the kids play while wishing that they are our's, all the sweet times we had together and now, I believe that we are for each other, and before all our friends here today, Tanya, will you allow me to put this ring on your finger?"

She looked at me with tears flowing off her cheeks and nodded before running towards me. I felt like it is the happiest moment of my life, I have nothing to lose anymore with Tanya in my arms.

As we planned for our little wedding with our friends, me and Tanya went out to the theater to catch this show by "Miracle Happens" and we actually did enjoy the performance even though the story is pretty boring. This movie marks another change in our lives.

Its just two weeks from the wedding at the park and both of us are ready to get married with our friends as our witness. To me, the best wedding gift would be blessings from all our friends and of course, a kiss from the lady herself. Things actually went well, too well in fact that I could sense something coming and it actually bothers me a lot as time goes by.

As Tanya is in deep sleep, I couldn't stand the instability in my mind as I tend to think of my very awkward past. Nobody, even Tanya, knows about my real past, despite my performance in my career and my education, I was never a happy person. My mom was hacked to death right before my eyes when I was just 7 and dad lying on the ground emotionless. I hid under the bed but I could never forget the look on mom's face as she looks at me on the ground, regardless of the pain she is enduring, she looked calm as she believes that I am safe. And now it flashes back into my head, why can't I do something to save them? what can't I turn back time to the wonderful times before?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alexis screamed in pain as undesired memories over flowed his head, he couldn't stop hitting the wall with his bare fists. Tanya was awaken by the commotion and she was stunned the moment she saw what happen to Alexis, with blood all over his fists, and forehead, she couldn't hold her tears back and hugged Alexis so tight to prevent him from hurting himself further. However, she was pushed and hit against the wall and passed out.

The moment she wakes up, she couldn't see Alexis in her sight, all that she sees are the friends with a concerned look on their faces. Tanya asked Jeffrey, a close friend of their's on what happened to Alexis, all Jeffrey could do is just hug her tight and tell her that Alexis is now in the Mental hospital for confusion over his past and present. Tanya broke down and insisted on her decision to be by his side, regardless of their situation, for the sake of their love they once promised each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From now on it will be on Tanya's perspective.

I could not remember how many days since Alexis' gone mad but here am I again, standing next to his cubicle playing our favorite song using his guitar, every time he looked at me with those blood filled eyes, all I can feel is the tear deep in my heart because I can no longer see the tenderness and love in his eyes, and all I can see now is pure confusion and madness. I could not stop my tears from falling as I sing, it all seemed to be just a day ago, all the fun, love, and special moments we shared but its gone now.

Again, Alexis is banging his head against the wall, though its cushioned, but every time he banged against the wall, my heart aches. Then again, I left and hoping to see him tomorrow, with hopes that he will recover so that we could go on with the wedding, the wedding that we both anticipated.

Days gone by and I sit quietly outside his cubicle, his hair turned grey, so does mine, without realizing, it has been 10 years now ever since the incident, the love between us did not stop just there but it grew as moments of our past were always in my mind to put a smile on my face.

Well, at least I get to spend my days with him, though its different, but our love will always be there and will never fade away.. till death do us part..

1 comments:

MichiLee said...

Dannie? i like the story that u posted..u wrote it urself? sweet!